Katacoda scenarios eliminate many of the barriers to gaining production-level skills.
No setup is required for learners, and the sandboxed environment eliminates risk to existing systems. Learners walk through a progression of short (5-15 minutes), guided, contextual steps that run alongside a live coding environment in the cloud created specifically for them.
It’s everything modern businesses need to ensure their employees are prepared when it’s time to face real-world situations or innovate their business models using new technologies.
Scenarios are configured in JSON, with lessons written in Markdown. Start by choosing one of several pre-built environments, or demonstrate more advanced techniques with your own customized Dockerfiles.
# Getting Started
We recommend working through the “Your First Scenario” tutorial.
Or start clicking through our many examples here:
- https://katacoda.com/scenario-examples for the live, running examples
- https://github.com/katacoda/scenario-examples for the source for them all
The docs here are organized by:
- Tutorials — step-by-step guides
- Essentials — details on features used in most scenarios
- Reference — documentation of more advanced features
- Challenges — authoring challenges